Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Anti-Game Notes - Missing Dallas...

Well, I'm on vacation in Florida, so I had a choice to make on Sunday - find a local sports bar to watch the Lions, or go to the beach with my kids. In hindsight, I think I made the right choice to go grab some rays. It was a difficult decision at the time as I was very interested in seeing the team play. But there's something to be said for 80 degrees, sunshine, sand, and the warm Gulf of Mexico waves.

Based on what I've been able to piece together about the game, it was just another in the string of flat performances by the club. My summary based on what I've heard is this:

- The D was missing 6 starters, and the lack of regulars showed on the field.

- The D basically handed the Cowpokes first downs to keep all of their scoring drives alive courtesy of bad penalties.

- The O looked flat as there was no running game and little creativity in playcalling.

- Special teams once again were not an advantage for the Lions.

So... how does this look any different than any of the last several games? Outside of the penalties, I can't really think of much. And I didn't even see the game.

Gee, I guess that makes this blog post about as accurate as some of the national media's coverage of the Lions, eh?

Well, I promise to write something up about the Turkey Day game. Seeing as it's a National TV game, I'll actually be able to get indigestion while watching it from down here. Of course if it gets as ugly as previous games, I may just cut out for the beach at halftime.

Too bad I can't live down here in Florida year round. I have to head back to the cold reality of Michigan in the winter after this weekend. Oh well...

No comments: