Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Why I can't stand John Kerry

This is something I need to get off my chest. I'm not the biggest George W. Bush supporter, as he's a bit of a knucklehead on some things. But I do admire his honesty and conviction, even if it's sometimes misguided. I just wish he didn't come across as so stubborn.

But this John Kerry guy, I can't stand him. He's got Clintonitis in the way he speaks. By that I mean his position on any subject of substance depends completely on his audience. He seems to go out of his way to contradict himself. He's like the ultimate hypocrite. Some examples:

Abortion: Last week, he came out and said he believes life begins at conception. Yet, he remains a strong supporter of the so-called "right to choose", even voting against the ban on partial birth abortion. This is complete BS. In order to make sense of his position, he believes that a woman has the right to kill her living child right up until that child has taken a breath outside her body. He defined that the child is alive by saying that life begins at conception. Therefore, he's pro-infanticide. Absolutely ridiculous.

Health Care: He's now running commercials indicating that the US spends about 1.5 Trillion (That's $1,500,000,000,000) on health care a year, and about 350 Billion ($350,000,000,000) of that is due to paperwork, so he wants to reduce the paperwork to reduce the cost of health care. Now let's see if we can follow the logic – the paperwork is there to protect the patients. The government requires the paperwork in an attempt to reduce the number of lawsuits. The lawsuits are filed by ambulance chasers – like his running mate, John Edwards. NOW I see what he wants – less paperwork for more mistakes for more lawsuits for his VP candidate to cash in on! Simply amazing. If he wants to protect healthcare and reduce costs, he should suggest that we need limits on damage awards to so-called "victims" of medical malpractice, and change the civil suit system to "loser pays" like in the rest of the world. THAT would reduce the cost of health care with every lawsuit that an ambulance chaser files and loses…

The Military: "I actually voted for the $87 billion, before I voted against it". 'nuff said.

There are actually so many of them that I really don't want to regurgitate them all here. Just go to any search engine and type "John Kerry Flip Flops" and you'll get a bunch. I got over 91,000 hits at Google this morning. Probably the best one I read was at George W. Bush's re-election site, but since some people may want to think that it's too biased, there is a really good one at slate.com which is about as liberal as they come. Even the Dem's know this guy is fake. And if there's one thing I can't stand, it a guy who's fake…

No comments: